Thursday, October 18, 2012

SCHOOL UNIFORMS: Not such a bad thing after all


Rhianna McCollum,
Senior School Life Correspondent
           I am a student currently attending J.F.K. In this school you find that some people aren’t as fortunate as others. Some people come from wealthier than others, and other people can’t afford the same styles. Sometimes when I come to school I look and appreciate what I have. A lot of kids dream about being fortunate.

During school meetings many students complain about the uniform policy, but I believe it’s beneficial for everyone. During a school meeting, Mr. Field, our principal, explained the benefits of uniforms to the school. He stated, “During my high school years I wished I had a uniform because my mother couldn’t afford to keep me in competition with others.” That was a perfect example of why school uniform are a great idea.

Although fortunate students will love to wear the latest fashions it’s not the most ideal situation for others. Students’ intelligence and attitudes determine their personality. Yes, students might look the same, but everyone has their own qualities. Uniforms aren’t as bad as students make it seem. They exude a level of professionalism.

Every school at JFK has a distinctive uniform.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah but it really shouldn't matter if you can match someone else's style. Everyone has their own unique style and through uniforms, that can't really be expressed. People should just concern themselves with what they have and not worry about what other people are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont mind wearing uniform , it gives the school a senses of organization

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont mind wearing uniforms either cause it kindaa stop the teasing and bullying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But then again, there is shoes and headphones to think about, which is dumb but true.

      Delete
  4. I think, if you want to wear uniforms, go ahead. I mean I get it, they don't want girls in booty shorts or guys half naked either. But why force those who just wanna wear some regular jeans and a shirt to wear it ? I think the uniform should be optional. Then again, what school/district listens to their own kids ? Hmm ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe uniforms were a good idea. Not the best thing to happen to the school but, it certainly does organize the school more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with this article. i dont think uniform is such a bad thing. it actually even helpful and easier.Everyday in the morning you already know what your're going to wear.

    ReplyDelete